Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Pink Pearl - A Custom Made Bear

Over 100 designers/artists got together to raise money for little Layla Grace. After offering two creations, Autumn being one of them, I wanted to offer one more. With the deadline closing in, I knew a custom auction would be best.

The auction offered a custom miniature bear made just for the buyer. The buyer would be able to choose the style of the bear and the colors used. At the close of the auction, I emailed my buyer for details.

My buyer wanted a bear that would match her daughter's bedroom. So she requested a bear that was pink with black accents.

"Pink Pearl"



Pink Pearl is 5 way jointed. She has a cotter-pin joint in her head and thread joints in her arms and legs. I also added wire in her arms to make her more poseable. Adding the splash of black for her accents, she has a black nose, eyebrows and bows. Her scarf also has a row of black, along with a variegated pink to coordinate.

All proceeds raised went towards medical expenses that Layla’s family has accumulated due to this awful disease.

If you would like updates on Layla Grace, you can follow her on twitter.


No comments: